Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Really, Bristol Palin?!?

So I've been watching this season of Dancing With the Stars and for the most part I have enjoyed it but I'm really fed up right now. I don't get the fact that Bristol Palin keeps going in this competition. I think that a large portion of the viewers are idiots. I really do. How can you reward crap like that? It's not like she is even close to being as good of a dancer as the other people that were left at the beginning of tonight's show. Then she beat out Brandy. Say what?!? That girl had a perfect score last night and the Palin girl has been the bottom scorer for weeks on end. I think the folks that vote for the Palin girl are the same ones that bought the William Hung album. The problem with that is that it's not rewarding excellence. You are supposed to work hard and try your hardest and if you are the best you should be rewarded. That doesn't seem to be the case with this show. This show has become a total joke popularity contest what is controlled by popular politics. I'm super glad that a mediocore dancer and performer can keep coming out on top because folks like her mom. Of course, maybe that's not the case. Maybe people just feel sorry for her. That's how I would like compete. You get into competitions to strive to be the best. Trying your best isn't what allows someone to win a competition. If that was the case I would totally have an Olympic medal. I don't have one because I haven't earned that or been the best at that given moment. Bristol Palin hasn't been the best even once. I can't stand the fact that she keeps getting rewarded. She'll probably win and that is the worst piece of television that I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment