Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oklahoma!

I'm sitting backstage at our last performance of Oklahoma and having that feeling of don't end. The last couple of weeks have been some of the best weeks I have had in ages. I don't know what it is that is making it so wonderful. It is, for the most part, just another show. It is with most of the same old players. It is in the same old place. It is very typical in most ways. Still, this has been a delightful time once production week started. It was like a breath of normal in my life. I felt like I had all the anxiety that was threatening to consume my life lifted. It was an answered prayer really. I was at the end of my self control and then it was ok. Thank God for that! I will miss these people more than I can imagine. I think that this show is one of those moments in the woods. Just a moment, but still a blessing. I can just sit backstage and be happy here. There isn't the stress or the worry that goes along with most shows. Maybe that is because I don't really do anything in it, but I think I like it that way. It is like the easiest thing in the world to do. I also love when you are backstage and you here mistakes on stage. Sound guy just missed a cue and it is so funny to me. It is the joy of blogging during a show. The actors are starting to do the crazy things that they really want to do and are afraid to do. If you see Lucas anytime in the near future ask him about the sausage!!! Great experience great people great time! You should have all seen Oklahoma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment