Monday, September 28, 2009

Accidents

I really hate guns. I really don't understand the need for them in regular life. If people didn't have them for stupid reasons maybe a kid wouldn't be looking at life in a wheelchair right now. It is so easy to have something stupid happen with one. I don't have to even know the whole story to know that it is a huge stupid reason. Why would anyone need to be carrying a handgun? Are we all so afraid for our safety that it is necessary to have them? I don't get it. Do we see them as a toy? Are they treated with the respect that they deserve? I think that people believe that nothing can happen to them just because they can shoot one. Big deal! Being able to shoot doesn't mean that you can't have stupid accidents! It saddens me sooooo much that this happened. This is a kid who knew guns. He probably thought nothing like this could happen. Guess what it did. He is now a statistic. A story of what can happen. I wish we listened to those stories. I wish we learned from mistakes and accidents. I hate guns. I hate what they represent. I don't want to touch them or be a part of them. I'm not fighting any wars here. I'm not protecting my family. I'm not trying to get dinner. I have no reason for them. I wish more people saw things this way. I wish that this didn't happen. You are in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment