Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another day

Another day is here and I'm so troubled. I truly wish that I could do something to ease my friends suffereing. I feel like we all were given a wake up call about life. We are such fagile creatures. We can have so much of what we think defines ourselves taken away in a heartbeat. It is scary. One day you are smiling with someone and the next their life is completely altered. I don't know what to make of it. I have spent the vast majority of my day dwelling on it. There is nothing I can do or say that will make any of this better, but I want to try. Kind words and good thoughts only go so far. Unfortunately, that is all I have. How can that ever be enough? My friends are hurting. My friends are scared. I have nothing to offer. What is one supposed to do in this situation? Sit and think? Stand and dwell? Pace and worry? That's what I've been doing all day and I don't think it is doing anything for anyone. It hurts my heart to know I can't help. What a horrible horrible mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment