Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Goodbye Board

I guess I should explain somewhere the reason why I left the board. I think this is as good a place as any. Here goes: I think most people know I've been under a little stress lately. My emotions are a little out of control. I need a little less stress in my life. The board has become major stress. The leadership doesn't like me. I've been told that for the last several months the leadership has been speaking poorly of me to anyone who would listen. The reasoning was never brought to me. I can speculate why I'm on the outs with this person but nothing was ever brought to me. This underlying emotion started to hurt me. Then we got to Little Shop and things just seemed to fall apart. Two comments to someone and a not that terrible of an email led to a full cast fifteen minute lecture that was designed to put me in my place. This conflict with the one person wasn't something that the whole cast had to be informed of. This issue wasn't anything that had to do with the leadership to begin with. It was made personal. It was made hurtful. Things just got worse through the show. We then fast forward a week and get to the meeting. This issue is between me and one other person really. It wasn't an agenda item in my opinion. I wasn't going to talk about my feelings in front of everyone. I couldn't tell everyone how much my feelings have been hurt in the last several months by the leadership. I couldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry. I just ran away. I don't want them see how truly hurtful it is when everyone seems to turn against you because one person has decided they don't like you. I'm the person that folks are whispering about and how they don't want to end up like me. The only way to deal with the leadership is to cower in fear because if you impost the wrath you are finished. Leadership by fear. Leadership by pain. Leadership by intimidation. I can't do that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment