Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Rambling About Love

It has been a bit since I have just rambled on here. I think tonight is a great time for it. I want to ramble about love. It is what seems to be on my mind most of the time. What is love? What is romantic love? What is platonic love? What is family love? What is friend love? Love is something we are all searching for. Love is something that almost everyone desires. Love is what makes us crazy. Love is what makes us want to get up in the morning. Love is that driving force that makes life worth living. Love love love. I don't always think I understand love. I have been in love. I am in love. I still don't understand it. If you go back ages in my life and revisit my love for my Dawson you can see how things can get so confusing for me. I loved my Dawson. I wanted to spend my life with someone who I considered my soul mate. Dawson didn't wait for me to be ready to commit. I still love this person. I will always love this person. Is that the love you wait forever for? First love? Soul mate? If you know in you heart what is right then why didn't this work out? Let's look at another love my little Sappho. That was an epic love for me. It was all consuming. I would have walked through fire to make that work out. It was the real deal for me. What the poets have written about through the ages. It didn't work out. The timing was bad. We were in different places in our lives. Then time turned on me and everything was ruined. Once again if you know in your heart what is right why didn't this work out? Here I am again in love. It is calming and gentle. It is tender and sweet. It is everything that I could want but there are road bumps. I think I miss the fire that came with my little Sappho. I think I desire the innocence that came with my Dawson. I don't know if the poets would right about us. I desire that love. I think we all want that love. I think that I sell my love short now. I think that I'm terrified to have that love. I fall in love with someone who makes me happy but I'm not sure I have given everything in return. I also look to people who would never want me and swoon over them because I know they would never return my love. That sucks. For me. My love. My loves love. The object of my wandering eyes love. I know what love is to me. I don't always do what is best for my love. I don't always understand the things I do in the name of love. I just know that I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment