Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Not A Slight

Let me explain something here, just because I am enjoying the ACL group doesn't mean that I think poorly of any of my other friends. I find it frustrating that people would feel slighted in any way when I say that it is easy to go to ACL because I'm open there. I know that everyone has entered a new situation before with the chance to present yourself in a way that you would actually be seen. It is like that for me in this situation. If I go into the show as the gay chick then it is just the way it is. I don't have to have conversations about it. I don't have to worry about people I've known for seven years all of a sudden being concerned that I'm checking them out constantly. Trust me, this happens. It's frustrating. It doesn't mean that I think my friends are not supportive. It doesn't mean that I don't value them in any way what so ever. It just means that I don't have to have as many conversations about a topic that really shouldn't be an issue. I don't know if most people can understand that fact? Sometimes, and I know you will find this shocking, I get tired of talking about things. Yes, I know that is hard to believe, but it is true. I have nothing to lose at ACL. I have nothing to explain. It is just the way it is there. It can't be that way with the groups of friends I have other places. I have ties that will be lost one day just because of who I am. It is scary at times. It is saddening at times. I love all of my friends very much and don't want to hurt them. I just need them to understand that sometimes it isn't about them. They treat me wonderfully and are very supportive. I still had to have a conversation with most of them that could have went very poorly. I just enjoy skipping the conversation from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment